Saturday 25 July 2020

I was dreaming



"Wake up" she said for I was sleeping
Giving me a nudge and then a push
"What utter nonsense are you dreaming?"
Couldn't think, then it came with a whoosh

Who can explain why we dream such things?
"Do that again, it's spare bed for you"
Said my wife with a word that stings
For in her mind dementia was a clue

I now curled up given that advice
She huffed and puffed a little harder
Muttering "This is no paradise"
While I thought of raiding the larder

For a long time I stared in the dark
Thinking of someone I could ring
But knew my best friend was at my side
Tonight I'll quit the booze, that's the thing



Image found at www.dailymash.co.uk.

17 comments:

  1. Sharing a bed can be tricky, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been a difficult night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That indeed is the thing... Great and somehting of a 'wake up' finish to your piece - very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booze before bed ... not the best idea. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL nice one Robin. Happy Sunday

    Muchđź’–love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness! This took me back to every time I elbowed my husband and said "You're snoring again!" God love him, he's been gone now for over 40 years....a long time to hear my "I'm sorry"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha...nice convo between a couple in bed about dreams. you always have the interesting stories, O.G. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard drink makes everything more complicated, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What on earth were you saying in your sleep??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dementia, booze or a dream state, whatever the case, he was under the influence.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness, what a dream. Dementia and alcohol...what a mix

    ReplyDelete
  12. A shared bed has its pitfalls sometimes. I hope the next night was better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear! The morning after would have needed much explaining!

    ReplyDelete