Wednesday 9 December 2020

The tricky regime


Initially I didn't panic when I started as I ingested the idea of writing this idiotic form of poetic work. I have always tried to abide with poetic rules and regulations. In the end it just didn't work. I felt like a jerk. It was impossibly hard in fact but curiously challenging in an interesting way!

But like every little teasing test it is just like doing something inimical in fact, meaning tending to harm or be hostile, which is quite opposite to what I am in fact. This is quite interesting being a person hiding inside when it rains!

This year is one which hiding inside has been a sensible thing to do during the Covid crisis which has millions intensely worried by its consequences, with people unrecognizable in their masks. Worse still to witness silly idiots without masks daring the virus to infect them! I hate to see idiotic people do this as if challenging this way will help.

I hope that this virus's tricky regime will disappear within the northern winter or spring. As for Australia I'm glad to say it is weakening now in fact. 




Number of L's - 123

Words 176

Image found at www.pixabay.com

13 comments:

  1. You did it even if you thought you couldn't
    Bravo
    Happy Wednesday

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Inimitable style, you Initiated the Introduction to I! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think I would be able to come up with anything for this challenge, mostly because I'm dancing with post-surgery pain and that always thickens the flow of inspiration. I was glad that Rosemary asked for something this structure--for I'm quite convinced that it was the only thing that helped me squeeze a few words for today.

    The tone of your poem is one I know well, when it comes to the behavior of certain people during this pandemic. I mean, I understand not wanting to be told to do things--humans are rebellious--but refusing to do something that might keep you and others alive just because you don't agree with the people who have done the research is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love the fast pacing, the message, the way you phrased it. Stellar writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiding inside when it rains is very sensible...so is wearing masks during a pandemic....no one is wearing them here in Sydney....everyone must think the pandemic is over...I don't !

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a clever one! A reader might assume you gave up and just wrote something on why you couldn't do it! Yes, idiots. They always have that challenging attitude, just begging to be confronted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed more I's than L's so I'll say "Ineluctable alliteration."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right there are 125 i's. Well spotted!

      Delete
  8. Robin, I was trying to find your letter, Lisa helped. I didnt want to count but I had it figured a vowel, lots of I's and E's were watching me.
    Good job!! 125 of 368 words?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tricky prompts sometimes inspire thoughts and ideas you wouldn’t expect, Robin. Hard but curiously challenging in an interesting way is good, and there’s never any need to panic at Poets and Storytellers as everyone is kind and appreciative. You worked in those ‘L’s so well, I didn’t notice them the first time of reading! And I agree with Magaly about the tone and the behaviour of certain people during this pandemic, and with Rall about hiding inside when it rains and wearing masks during a pandemic.

    ReplyDelete