Saturday 19 December 2020

After ten years


Never used to look like this, you won't recall me

I caused innocent cute girl to die years ago

A young thing who sweet looks would break anyone's heart

Her untimely death was entirely up to me

When I was driving oh so many years ago

Butcher from hell they called me putting fear in all

When driving that foggy day too fast (so they say)

Peering through the mist following sedan in front

When in the dimness this girl tried to cross the road

Brushed against sedan which not a soul did see

He didn't stop, didn't care one bit, all left to me

I called ambulance, cops came too unknown to me

The girl died before they got to hospital

No witnesses, no details of the death, just me

Was arrested as they checked details of the site

Court decided twelve years the time for me

I got out after ten years which was a bonus

I didn't need disguise but did reshape my life

Swept the past under the carpet as they say

Church rector wed wife and me; my past swept away


Image found at www.pixabay.com


Note the words given (all used) curiously wrote the story for me!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes the words do write themselves, don't they? Or, want to be prose when I wanted a poem. Such tragic accidents too often happen, and the innocent (besides innocent victims) are imprisoned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder: Is it really so easy to sweep away the past and live as if it never happened?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you Happy Holidays and a Healthy New Year ... Cheers!

    ReplyDelete