Wednesday 26 August 2020

The foundation of my belief


 I can't believe how lucky I was

To be brought up many years ago

Being taught the right way to go

T'was the foundation of my belief

Short or tall the color of my hair

Of of my skin was no need to care

For difference mattered not back then

Now I was wahite and had brown hair

But my cousin Jan was really fair

Then the girl I danced with long ago

Was a Kiwi who shook her long locks

Black as a berry just like my socks

Have lived in Downunder many years

Our country is multicultural 

As well as being quite liberal

The best place to live ones life

Keeping warm because of the heat

Having no close neighbours can't be beat


Image found at www.pixabay.com

10 comments:

  1. Great foundations by the sound of it! (And that's a great photo of Uluru, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong foundations in our youth serve us well when we go through life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A life well lived starts with a firm foundation, as this poem dilineates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your country ... you were lucky indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right. We were raised with such standards, that seem to be sadly lacking these days when even suypposedly mature people are behaving so inappropriately. Sigh. I live in a multicultural country too , and it enriches us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I set off via plane to a distant state, a naiv 18 year old, my father hugged me and said "We've taught you right from wrong, and now it's up to you". I think this foundation is missing in many modern homes! Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like the best of dreams. Lucky indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice foundation Robin. Happy Wednesday. Stay safe.

    Much💝love

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can’t beat a good foundation in life, Robin.

    ReplyDelete