Wednesday 19 August 2020

Screams for food


That's the trouble with children

Whining all the time for food

Parents oft have feel of regret

When they decide to have a brood


Dads have so little care to give

Merely looking askance at his wife

As she feeds little one all day

See opposition to him in his life


Bedtime comes, now it all turns worse

No cuddles for him...baby's first

When bub's finally in his cot

Wife say for him she has no thirst


At last he whispers in her ear

when from baby there is no sound

But wife has drifted off to sleep

Sense of silence does abound


Baby though lasts but an hour or so

Faintest murmur now alerts wife

Dad wakes to find he's all alone

Must be quiet or he's in strife


Image forund at www.pixabay.com

9 comments:

  1. Oh, those days of early parenting! But we all manage to live past them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A baby's first days (and goodness, the first nights!) are certainly a toughie. It has been a couple of decades since I went through that, and the memories of my boy screaming in the middle of the night for food remain extremely clear in my head (the are a great source of playful blackmail).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jogged my memory, and I recalled a time when our first child was a newborn and we lived in a tiny apartment with his crib in our bedroom, my husband coming home and saying "is there any room in here for poor old Dad?" Hadn't thought about that for a long time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brings yester years to mind. Our first were twins.
    Our daughter or Hub would take our youngest for a car ride, she went right away to sleep. But you couple may not have a car, if they do suggest this.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the days of of babies and little sleep. My youngest didn't sleep through the night until she was five years old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t remember the early days of parenthood, it’s all lost in the mists of time, more of a blur for mothers than fathers because we are so busy and completely focused on motherhood. I admit, I was worried I wouldn’t remember what to do the first time I was left alone with my grandson, but we both survived.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those days of mothering, never leave us. Oh for the grace of quietly remembering as they grow up to be sometimes just as intolerable

    Happy Friday

    Much💝love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness this wasn't my experience! But I know it is for some. My husband helped all the time - and was very helpful and understanding. Some men need to grow up. :)

    ReplyDelete