Tuesday 20 February 2018

The sketchpad


Love hurts don't you know
You shouldn't be down
But rather be glad

That ache you feel
That longing to touch
Is driving you mad

But watch for that grin
The look in her eyes
So don't you be sad

So take her warm hand
The go for a walk
Take out your sketch pad

Now draw her profile
You'll get her to smile
She the best you've had

See it in her eyes
It is no surprise
But she will be glad

Oh, can I have that?
She'll ask with delight
Now thank your sketchpad

Image found at https://www.pressfoto.com

7 comments:

  1. A sincerely offered gift does bring smiles to its recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now draw her profile
    You'll get her to smile
    She the best you've had

    So much good can be inspired by a good sketch.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writer is giving good advice. Nicely written. Remember the older classic song, by Nazareth, "Love Hurts"? I like that one, I'm not real sure what hurts where.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that I would make a fool of myself drawing such beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  5. love does make artists out of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Oh, can I have that?
    She'll ask with delight
    Now thank your sketchpad"

    And the story starts :)

    ReplyDelete