Friday 29 July 2016

Her dreamy look


It was her sparkling eyes
The way she flicked her hair
That sweet look on her face
But this, her dreamy look
Was sadly not for me
But my older brother

She always smiled at me
When she came home with him
After a date at night
How I wanted to kiss
Those rosy lips of hers
Meant for just one other

Someone did see me glance
So sad and mournful like
"One day it will be you
You'll find a nice girl
But now you're only twelve"
Wise words from our mother


Image found at www.paintermagazine.co.uk

8 comments:

  1. OH! The last lines are just precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Robin, the emotions and feelings in this poem are such that can be resonated by one and all as we have all felt like this at some point in our lives. Especially adore the closing lines. Beautifully penned. Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights and for your constant love and support :D :D

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me smile. We need not fall asleep to dream

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very wise words from your mother.
    I smiled too.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so well done, those dreams of a young boy, his yearning for love,,,not wanting to wait,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pre-adolescent love is made of bitter sweetness. I can see his young eyes, his longing, the depth of his dream...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet, yearning of a young boy! Your poems are delightful and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet. Must be hard for a boy growing up.

    ReplyDelete